Terms and Conditions of use of Heathrow VIP
The following sets out the terms and conditions of use for the Heathrow VIP service ("Heathrow VIP"), a service provided by Heathrow Airport Limited whose registered office is at Compass Centre, Nelson Road, Hounslow, TW6 2GW (company number 01991017) ("Heathrow"). By making a booking (whether with Heathrow VIP directly on our website, over the telephone or via one of our booking agents or resellers) and/or using Heathrow VIP, these terms and conditions are deemed to have been accepted by each passenger and any party acting on behalf of such passenger(s).
"We", "our" and "us" are references to Heathrow. "You" and "your" are references to the passenger and/or person who makes a booking with Heathrow VIP and/or person who is acting on behalf of the passenger(s), as the context requires.
USE OF HEATHROW VIP
- The Heathrow VIP Classic Service includes:
- subject to condition 6 below, use of Heathrow VIP private lounges in connection with arrival, departing or connecting flights at Heathrow Airport;
- use of a dedicated security lane;
- private vehicle transfer to and from the aircraft; and
- light refreshments.
- Heathrow VIP Black Service includes:
- the Classic Service; and
- a Chauffeur Service to/from Heathrow Airport (as per condition 22) below
- Heathrow VIP provides the following services for up to a maximum of twelve (12) passengers per lounge (excluding children under two (2) years of age) travelling together on the same aircraft, on a single departing or arriving flight at Heathrow Airport.
- For connecting passengers, who are connecting or transferring flights through Heathrow Airport, Heathrow VIP is available for up to twelve (12) passengers per lounge (excluding children under two (2) years of age) who are travelling, arriving and departing Heathrow Airport together on the same aircraft and with a maximum planned layover time of 3 hours. If layover time exceeds 3 hours due to flight delays, Heathrow may extend the allocated time in the VIP lounge, subject to availability, at Heathrow’s sole discretion.
- Children under sixteen (16) years of age may not use Heathrow VIP service unaccompanied.
- Heathrow may at its sole discretion accommodate a number of travelling passengers or passenger groups within a shared lounge or elsewhere within Heathrow Airport if lounge slot bookings are missed due to flight delays or if lounge space is limited or unavailable.
- The standard operating times of Heathrow VIP are from 05h30 – 22h30. Use of Heathrow VIP outside of these hours may be available subject to prior agreement with Heathrow and at rates to be agreed.
- The entrance to the Heathrow VIP area and lounges is located before security ("Landside") in the Windsor Suite in Heathrow Terminal 5 and The Royal Suite on the southern perimeter road of Heathrow Airport. Passengers will be advised which entrance is applicable to their use of Heathrow VIP through separate communication (either by telephone as part of a courtesy call or by email). Flights departing from or arriving at other terminals at Heathrow Airport will be transferred to and from the terminal by private vehicle. Additional services that passengers may wish to order, which are not covered by these terms and conditions, shall be subject to availability and to the terms and conditions and fees applicable to those services.
- Heathrow VIP and the Heathrow VIP lounges must not be used for any unlawful purpose or in a manner which infringes the rights of (or inhibits the peaceful use and enjoyment of Heathrow VIP) by any other passenger. In order to preserve the privacy and confidentiality of other passengers, users of Heathrow VIP must conduct themselves in an appropriate manner and must not approach any other passengers, or disclose the presence of such passengers to any third party. Heathrow reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove individuals from the Heathrow VIP lounges in the event of inappropriate conduct.
- Airlines often charge excess luggage fees to passengers wishing to check in more bags than their allocated maximum allowance. If a passenger wishes to check in more bags than their allowance, they must arrange this with their airline and pay any excess luggage charges directly to their airline. For information on luggage restrictions applicable to the passenger’s airline, please contact the airline direct. Heathrow accepts no liability for passengers who have excess luggage and have not arranged for this with their airline.
- The Heathrow VIP fee includes a fee for processing a maximum of ten (10) pieces of hold luggage per passenger. Heathrow VIP will liaise with the passenger’s airline to screen, transport, check-in and label the passenger’s luggage for them. The passenger’s airline may speak with the passenger directly to ask security questions during this process. If a passenger wishes for Heathrow VIP to process more than ten (10) items of hold luggage per passenger, this shall incur an additional charge of £75.00 (excluding VAT) per ten (10) pieces of hold luggage (the Heathrow VIP handling fee will be pro-rated where the hold luggage carried is not in multiples of 10). Please note that a passenger’s airline luggage allowance may vary from the number shown here.
- All passengers and luggage must arrive at Heathrow Airport prior to the time specified by the relevant airline but in any event no less than 90 minutes prior to flight departure time. Late arrival may result in the airline refusing to accept passengers and/or luggage for the flight. In such circumstances, the charge for the Heathrow VIP service will be non-refundable. Passengers must comply with airline terms and conditions (including any luggage restrictions) at all times.
- Passengers arriving on a single commercial flight and connecting to multiple commercial flights will, subject to approval, be charged the full additional Heathrow VIP service charge(s) on an individual basis.
- Heathrow will not intervene in any dispute between an airline and passengers.
- Passengers using Heathrow VIP service are encouraged to carry appropriate travel insurance.
- 16. When using Heathrow VIP service, passengers must comply with any direction or instruction given by any Heathrow officers, personnel or other security personnel and all applicable security, customs and immigration regulations imposed on passengers. Further information can be found on http://www.heathrow.com/departures/security-and-baggage
- Heathrow reserves the right to charge the payment method or card used for the booking after departure for any damage caused to the VIP lounge or for any items which are removed from the VIP lounge by the travelling passengers or guests.
GUESTS – MEETERS AND GREETERS
- Each group of travelling passengers may have a maximum of two (2) non-travelling guests per group who may access the Heathrow VIP service. Any guests must arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled arrival time of the passenger group and must vacate the Heathrow VIP area once the travelling passengers have left.
- Names of any guests must be supplied at the time of booking otherwise they will not be permitted access to the Heathrow VIP area.
- Any guests must remain Landside at all times and will not be permitted to access any airside area nor shall they be allowed to escort the travelling passengers to the aircraft.
- Additional services may be arranged through Heathrow VIP. These include:
- chauffeur service booked by Heathrow on the passengers’ behalf with Wilson James Limited (company number 2269560, Chalkwell Lawns, 648-656 London Road, Westcliffe on Sea, SS9 9HR (“Chauffeur Service”), subject to condition 22 below;
- VAT reclaim;
- Heathrow personal shopping experiences.
- For Black Service passengers, the Chauffeur Service is included in the fees for using Heathrow VIP subject to the following:
- group size of:
- 1-3 allocated 1x BMW 7-series or equivalent (suitable for up to 02 hold bags)
- 4-6 allocated 1x Mercedes Viano or equivalent (suitable for up to 06 hold bags)
- 7-9 allocated 1x BMW 7-series or equivalent plus 1x Mercedes Viano or equivalent (suitable for up to 08 hold bags in total
- 10-12 allocated 2x Mercedes Viano or equivalent (suitable for up to 12 hold bags);
- travel within 25 miles of Heathrow; and
- bookings must be made with at least 24 hours notice.
- group size of:
- Any Additional Services are not included in the fees for using Heathrow VIP and additional fees will be due in respect of any Additional Services and which are booked notwithstanding condition 22 above. Payment for any Additional Services will be taken from the card or payment method used at the time of booking, unless you notify Heathrow VIP otherwise.
- To book any additional services, please indicate your interest in booking these when making your booking reservation for Heathrow VIP on the website or at least 24 hours in advance by telephone on +44(0)20 8757 2227 or at least 24 hours in advance by email to email@example.com.
- Some of the Additional Services detailed above are provided by third party companies and would be subject to the third party’s terms and conditions. Heathrow accepts no liability for those services.
THE BOOKING PROCESS
- All passengers must have a flight reservation before making a Heathrow VIP booking.
- For Classic Service passengers, the following conditions apply:
- bookings must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance of the flight time, and are subject to operational capacity and availability; and
- for bookings made with less than 24 hours' notice (a "Late Booking") there will be a Late Booking surcharge of £200.00 (excluding VAT) per booking.
- For Black Service passengers, bookings may be made at any time in advance of the flight time subject to operational capacity and availability.
- Booking requests must be made using the online booking system available at www.heathrowvip.com or by calling our telephone booking and enquiry line on +44(0)20 8757 2227. Providing incomplete or inaccurate data may result in a booking being refused or later cancelled by Heathrow. If any information supplied at the time of booking is incorrect Heathrow reserves the right to refuse access to Heathrow VIP.
- Passengers requiring wheelchair assistance or with other special requirements should make these known to Heathrow using the “Further Requirements” section of the online booking system at the time of booking.
- Prices advertised on the website or in any quotation may be changed or withdrawn by Heathrow at any time. Unless an account is held with Heathrow or payment has already been taken by one of our booking agents or resellers, payment will be taken in full at the time of booking at the agreed rate plus any applicable VAT or taxes. Payment for Heathrow VIP in cash is not accepted. Unless an account is held with Heathrow, the booking will be cancelled where full payment has not been received by Heathrow on or before 00.01 on the day of travel.
- Heathrow is not obliged to accept any booking. A booking constitutes an offer by the passenger to Heathrow for Heathrow VIP services. If a booking is accepted, a confirmation notice will be sent via the online booking system and/or by email whereupon a binding contract is formed on these Terms and Conditions between Heathrow and (i) the individual or company named on the online booking system; and (ii) (if different to (i)) the travelling passenger(s).
- Passengers (or those making bookings on their behalf) may from time to time be offered the opportunity to make an advance purchase of credit for use on the Heathrow VIP service at a discounted rate. Such purchase does not guarantee availability of Heathrow VIP and the process set out in these terms and conditions must be followed to confirm a booking. Where an advance purchase is made, bookings must be made within 12 months failing which any unused credit from the advance purchase will be forfeited and non-refundable. Please note prices for Heathrow VIP are subject to change and are confirmed at time of booking each service.
BOOKINGS MADE ON BEHALF OF PASSENGERS
- Where a booking is made by a person other than the passenger, that person shall procure that each passenger using Heathrow VIP is aware of and accepts these terms and conditions (including those relating to the provision of personal and travel information).
- Heathrow VIP bookings may be made by third parties as agent for the passenger, in which case the name of the passenger must be specified on the online booking system and on confirmation of a booking a binding contract is formed with the agent and the passenger on these terms and conditions and payment must be made in-full prior to arrival at Heathrow VIP premises.
CANCELLATION AND CHANGES TO A BOOKING CANCELLATION
- The Heathrow VIP service is exempted from the cancellation rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 by virtue of Regulation 28(1)(h). Once you have placed a booking with Heathrow for the Heathrow VIP service, there is no automatic right of cancellation.
- If you have purchased the Classic Service and you wish to cancel your booking Heathrow must receive notice of your cancellation at least 48 hours before you have asked for your Heathrow VIP service to begin.
- If you give notice of your cancellation request at least 48 hours before you have asked for your Heathrow VIP service to begin the cancellation charge will be £50 (excluding VAT).
- If you give less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours’ notice from your scheduled flight departure or arrival time at Heathrow, you will be charged a 50% cancellation charge of the price paid for the Heathrow VIP service.
- If you give 24 hours or less notice in advance of the scheduled flight arrival or departure at Heathrow and/or failure to arrive for a booking, you will be charged the full fee for the Heathrow VIP service you have selected and no refund will be given.
- If you have purchased the Black Service, please note these are non-refundable. Please refer to condition 40 for amendment policy.
CHANGES (OTHER THAN CANCELLATIONS)
- For Classic Service users, changes to dates, times, flight details and/or passenger numbers may not be made to bookings less than 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure or arrival time except at the sole discretion of Heathrow. Changes requested more than 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure or arrival time, where agreed to by Heathrow VIP, will incur an administration charge of £50.00 (excluding VAT). To make a change to your booking please manage your booking online, or call +44(0)20 8757 2227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Black Service users, changes to dates, times, flight details and/or passenger numbers may not be made to bookings less than 12 hours before the scheduled flight departure or arrival time. In such cases the booking is non-refundable and non-transferable and the money paid for the Black Service will be forfeited. Changes requested more than 12 hours before the scheduled flight arrival or departure time are permitted and shall not incur an administration charge. You may amend the booking to within 3 months of the original booking date. To make a change to your booking please manage your booking online, or call +44(0)20 8757 2227 or email email@example.com.
- Where travelling passengers arrive at a Heathrow VIP lounge or for arriving passengers, at Heathrow Airport, with additional passengers who have not been added to an existing booking, those additional passengers may be refused access to the Heathrow VIP service. Heathrow, at its sole discretion, may permit access to such additional passengers at the standard service cost plus a surcharge of £200.00 (excluding VAT) per additional passenger.
- Where the scheduled flight departure or arrival is delayed, changes can be made without charge. Once you are made aware that the flight departure or arrival will be delayed please contact Heathrow VIP on +44(0)20 8757 2227 to inform them of the change. Please note condition 6 above.
HOW PASSENGER INFORMATION WILL BE USED
- Passenger details will be taken and stored by Heathrow at the time of booking. The making of a booking constitutes consent for Heathrow to use the passenger’s name, address, passport, flight and land travel details to provide the Heathrow VIP service and to fulfil all relevant security, operational and border control requirements and to pass such data to government authorities for border control and aviation security purposes.
- Where a booking is made on behalf of any passenger(s), the person making the booking warrants that they have the permission of each passenger to use the details taken by Heathrow as described in condition 43 of these Terms and Conditions.
- Each passenger is responsible for monitoring airline schedules and any potential changes to flight times. Passengers are responsible for ensuring that they meet the appropriate passport, visa and heath requirements and Heathrow accepts no responsibility in this respect.
- Airlines may decline to accept passengers via Heathrow VIP in certain circumstances. In this case, Heathrow will notify the passenger and any fee that has been paid to Heathrow for Heathrow VIP shall be refunded to that passenger in full. Heathrow VIP is currently only available to passengers travelling in First or Business class cabins.
- Official state business takes precedence over all bookings and Heathrow reserves the right to cancel any booking where necessary in relation to this. In this case, Heathrow will notify the passenger and any fee that has been paid to Heathrow for Heathrow VIP shall be refunded to that passenger in full.
- Heathrow reserves the right to cancel bookings for any reason including, without limitation, operational, safety, capacity or security requirements. On the rare occasion when a booking is cancelled by Heathrow in such circumstances, a full refund will be provided.
- Passengers' acknowledge that occasionally they may be required to share a private lounge or security lane with other passengers.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS CAREFULLY – YOUR ATTENTION IS PARTICULARLY DRAWN TO THIS CLAUSE
- Heathrow accepts no liability for losses, delays or disruptions incurred as a result of:
- incorrect information being supplied to Heathrow;
- third parties’ acts or omissions including airlines, security and border control authorities,
- ground handlers or third party transport arranged by or on behalf of the passenger.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes the liability of Heathrow for:
- death or personal injury caused by Heathrow's negligence;
- in respect of any fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- to the extent that such limitation or exclusion is not permitted by law.
- Subject to condition 52, Heathrow shall not be liable for any:
- loss of profits;
- loss of revenue;
- loss of use;
- loss of or corruption to data or information; or
- indirect or consequential loss.
- Subject to condition 52 and 53, Heathrow’s total aggregate liability in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise in connection with Heathrow VIP shall be limited to £10,000.
- Any complaints regarding Heathrow VIP service should be submitted by writing to Heathrow's Head of VIP Commercial Services at the following address: The Windsor Suite, Windsor Close, Whittle Road, Heathrow Airport, TW6 2FF or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 28 days for a reply.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to English law and any dispute shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights.
- Heathrow reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. You are advised to visit www.heathrowvip.com regularly to check for updates.